Residential and Commercial customers can apply in person at the office in Mount Pleasant.
To establish a utility service account with Roatan Electric you will need to provide the following:
- Complete the application called "Presolicitud", and bring it with you to the RECO office. This pre-solicitud is given to the engineer who goes to the customers house or location and makes an evaluation whether the location is suitable or if a line extension is needed.
- Provide identification cedula de identidad ( id card ) for Honduran citizens , Resident carnet or Current Passport for citizens of foreign countries
- An initial site / service inspection is conducted by an engineer who determines the eligibility of the applicant for RECO service. The engineer will complete the "Solicitud" which helps Reco determine the load that will be added. Download a copy of the Solicitud below so that you will have the answers that the Engineer needs to know to fill out this form.
- If no special circumstances exist ( ie no line extension or modification needed ) then the application is approved for connection.
- An inspection will be completed within a maximum of 7 days within receiving the request and the actual connection ( service drop ) will occur at max 3 days after that.
- Customers should contact a local RECO ( pre-approved) contractor if deemed necessary by RECO that a line extension is required
- Customers main electrical breaker boxes must be accessible to servicemen before service can be connected. The RECO engineer will field locate the location of the main service entrance for the customer during the initial inspection
Understanding your electrical bill.
Prices for residential and commercial usage.
**Fuel adjustment charges change each month according to government formulas.
Calendar of reading activities.
Route 15, 16, 18, 21
Route 6, 7, 8, 9
Route 4, 5, 10, 12, 20,
Route 1, 2, 3, 11, 13,
How to pay your bill.
Bills can be paid at the main office in Mount Pleasant or at BAC, Bamer Bank, Banco LaFise, or Cooperativa Santos Guardiola.
We accept Lempira, USD and Bank Checks for the exact amount only. No personal checks or partial payments accepted.
You may prepay for your electricity bill.